Personal Injury Lawyer in NYC
What to do when involved in a Personal Injury Incident in New York City?
When you are injured, the first thing you must do is receive the proper medical help you require. Only after the damage is assessed, are you able to begin to plan out your next steps. The extent of your injuries must be taken into account, how severe they are, and how permanent the damage will be. Injuries can range from minor to debilitating, with medical costs rising with the extent of the injuries. In order to address the problems that come with personal injury, legal representation is required.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim in New York City
Car accidents, slip and falls, even explosions happen at a moment’s notice at any time. Handle the repercussions of a personal injury by having us file your claim. By filing a personal injury claim you may be able to collect money to help pay for any damages suffered. Medical bills rise fast, especially if injuries hinder you in a way that affects your regular income. With our help, you benefit from insight on all of the options available to you when filing a personal injury claim.
The common timeline for filing a personal injury claim is:
- Accident or Injury Occurs: This step is the most unpredictable; no one is able to truly predict or control when an accident may occur. What you can control is how you respond, by documenting and taking into account the extent of the damages. There is a personal injury statute of limitations dictating how long you have after an accident to file a complaint.
- Seek Medical Attention: Not all injuries appear right away after an accident. It is important to have a medical professional check to see if there are any further complications that may affect you in the future.
- Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer: This step is the easiest, as well as the most financially sound. We offer free consultation and will counsel on what actions you should take before having you commit to anything.
- Investigation: We will investigate your case and comb through the details in order to present any and all details in your matter that will contribute to reaching the best possible outcome in your particular circumstances.
- Settlement: A settlement can be reached outside of court. We examine the compensation you may be entitled to and the opposing party’s offer, and we will help you seek the best terms possible.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, you will likely need to file a personal injury lawsuit. We can help you through this process.
- Court: The case will be brought to court and from there the process follows a standard, but no less complex, procedure. Discovery, mediation, arbitration, and possibly trial are all possible routes we will help guide you through.
New York City Personal Injury Compensation
Filing a personal injury claim can be a tedious process, but the compensation you will receive will be helpful in the long run. Consult with us over the injuries you have suffered and together we are able to determine your best course for moving forward. Whether your case will lead to a lawsuit, injuries must be addressed, and financial needs met.
Our Attorneys Serve Clients in New York City, NY, and Surrounding Areas
If you’ve been involved in a personal injury case, you will need a personal injury law firm to stand by you. We will work through your case so that your personal injury claims may be resolved. Do not hesitate to call our New York City Law firm. Call today for free consultation of your personal injury matters.